/ Wednesday, October 26, 2016 / 2 Comments / ,

Sunny Pottery and Garden

On the way to check out a popular curry noodle at the Coca Restaurant (non-halal) in Taman Bidara, Selayang, I spotted a 'hidden gem'. The signage is not obvious as it is away from the road. Well, unless you are the passenger in the car (which I was!), you might just miss it. It is located along the road right before turning into the road leading to the restaurant. 

I love checking out humble-looking nursery like this one as I have found many wonderful plants from such nurseries before. This time not only did I discover a number plants that other nurseries rarely sell, I also observed that the person-in-charge, Madam Foong is also a gardener herself.

  


The plot at the back of the nursery is her vegetable patch where sweet potato leaves covered the ground. She also grows cabbage in a pot and Malabar spinach at the fence. 


At one corner of the nursery, there were many Daun Rama-Rama or Mariposa (Botanical name: Christia vespertilionis ). The plant is used for healing diseases like cancer, leukaemia, migraine and high blood pressure.

I asked Madam Foong if the Daun Rama-Rama is a highly sought-after plant, especially amongst the Malays. She answered yes and asked how did I know about this plant. I explained that different ones have written in to enquire on where they can find this plant, hence the knowledge.


 

Other than herbal plants, the ornamentals are as exciting. There were many small potted plants on the rack in the covered shade. I really like the Espicias with leaves that have pink edges. They were planted in hanging pots.

 

Most of the Desert Roses were flowering and tagged with their names. Brilliant! 

 

Aloe Veras... anyone?

 

The nursery opens daily from 8.30am to 7.00pm. Besides retailing plants, they also provide landscaping and garden maintenance services.


Plant Variety Rating: 3.50 | Although the nursery is not big, it managed to stock up many different varieties of plants. 


This plant contains citronella which is an ingredient in mosquito and insect repellent, hence the common name, Mosquito Plant (Pelargonium citrosum).

 

Madam Foong also propagated some mint (aka pudina) plants for sale. 
 
 

Plant Condition Rating: 4.00 | Most of the plants are in good condition. 

Saw a customer choosing the roses and bought a pot. I too could not resist the temptation of roses. They look too sweet! So I ended up buying a pot for myself.

 

Layout Rating: 4.00 | The potted plants placed on racks were neatly arranged. 

 

The sun-loving vines and shrubs were placed outside on tarpaulin sheets on the ground.




Garden Products Rating: 4.00 | They have a variety of gardening products - ranging from seeds to pots and to fertilisers, pest control solutions, compost and soil.

 





To view the map to this nursery, click here.

CONTACT DETAILS

Sunny Pottery and Garden
(Behind MPS Foodcourt)
1A (Store) Persimpangan Taman Bidara
Jalan Kepong
68100 Batu Caves
Selangor
Mobile: 6016-335 7290 (Mdm Foong)



Share This Post :
Tags : ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The owner, Madam Foong is a sweet and humble lady. Can't help myself to check in at least twice a month to get plants from her. Her plants are very well taken care of.

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that from you :) Happy gardening!

[3][Green-up Solution][featured][Green-up Solution]
[3][Garden Solution][featured][Garden Solution]

Follow On Feedly

follow us in feedly

Shop My Book

My YouTube Channel

Welcome

I enjoy gardening and visiting nurseries and garden retailers. Here I will share what I see with reviews and ratings, from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent).

My aim is to help you find a vendor near you and to encourage more people to be interested in greening the earth in a natural way i.e. by adding greens to their home!

Greens make a garden. The various gardening ideas published here are for you to get new inspirations for your garden. If you would like to advertise on this site or have a nursery that you would like me to review, please feel free to drop me a note by email.

Your feedback and comments are most appreciated and welcomed. Have a blessed day working on your garden!

Cheers, Stephanie

Contact me, email mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

Feedback on a post, 'Post a Comment'

Follow me,                

Plant Vendor Index

Post A Message

Subscribe to MGF News

Enter your email address to receive updates straight to your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Share This Site

Translate